Question
Posted by: toto | 2004/11/02

itching

My vagina is itching. its been 3 days now it itches until its painful.
can you pls help me. i was thinking of trush. can you explain to me about that.

It may well be thrush. You can check the archives for further information.

1
Posted by: Zoe | 2004/11/02

It sounds like thrush. Thrush is very common, you can get it from various things like coloured soap and toilet paper, bathing in bubble bath and oil etc. Try to stay away from those things. Use white soap and toilet paper and make sure you dry yourself properly when you get out of the bath. Also try and stay away from nylon panties. Wear cotton. Clothes that are to tight can also irritate the situation. You can get treatment at the chemest. It is not expensive +- R30.00. It is a creme that you apply.

Don't worry, it is very common for a woman to get thrush.

Reply to Zoe