Question
Posted by: Jaygee | 2005/06/22

itch after intercourse

DEAR DOC, I AM A 49 YEAR OLD FEMALE. MY PARTNER AND I DO NOT HAVE A VERY ACTIVE SEX LIFE THESE DAYS FOR VARI0US REASONS BUT WHEN WE DO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE I FIND THAT THE NEXT DAY I ITCH DOWN THERE AND SOMETIMES INSIDE AND HAVE TO APPLY AN ANTIFUNGAL CREAM. MY PARTNER IS FAITHFUL TO ME AND BATHS EVERY DAY. CAN YOU ADVISE WHY AND WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT THIS? THANKS

Perhaps your partner is a carrier of Candida and you are getting thrush. You could have a swab to check.

3
Posted by: JAYGEE | 2005/06/23

DEAR ASHY, THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PROBLEM OF ITCHING AFTER INTERCOURSE AND I WILL DEFINITELY INVESTIGATE THE TREATMENT U ADVISE. IT IS SO HORRIBLE AS MY PARTNER IS SUCH A CLEAN PERSON. THANKS.

Reply to JAYGEE
Posted by: Ashy | 2005/06/23

Apparently men also get thrush and infections like we do. I used to suffer with the same thing, but the doc siad that there is no symptoms for men showing that they have it, but they do, and they can get some pills from a doc to kill the virus. Its a pitty I dont have the name on me but it is also the same range as canestin for women they have somthing for men as well.

Hope this helps.

Reply to Ashy
Posted by: bernie | 2005/06/23

I have an itch and it burns when i urinate for a few days after we have intercourse. this is the same with my husband.

please advise me as to what the roblem is.

Reply to bernie