Question
Posted by: KC | 2005/11/23

ITCH

Have been suffering with anal-perineum-vulval itch for a very long time now [pruritus ani?] and just always put it down to piles although they are not half as troublesome as they used to be. This persistent itch with intermittent bouts of herpes are obviously terribly uncomfortable and I've tried various creams but have no long term relief. Was wondering if this is a common thing and if I should actually have it checked out or request some sort of smear. I'm now desperate for long term relief!! Thank you for your time.

You should find out what the cause is. You may have thrush, but there are other causes such as skin problems, allergies, other infections. The treatment will depend on the cause.