Question
Posted by: Tweety | 2003/12/10

It was not adults

i want to know when i was very young i was played with by my brother and nethews they were only two or three years older than me. was i mollested and can this cause any throuble in my mind now. i do have problems in my sex life at the moment. please help

Dear tweety,
It is highly UNLIKELY that your present problems are caused by what happeed then. Actually, though people don't usually talk about it, it's not at all unusual for kids as they are discovering sex and body parts, to experiment a little, together --- it doesn't necessarily help for us to call that "molestation" or not. From the sound of it you weren't greatly upset or disturbed by it at the time. But many ordinar people have various problems with their sex life as adults, for a host of different reasons, childhood sex play between kids of similar age, is rarely ever the cause of such problems. A sexologist or clinical psychologist could help by assessing your situation and advising you on the important task, which is solving the problems you have got right now, rather than digging back towards whatever problems you may have had back then.