Question
Posted by: mooh | 2004/11/03

It it the real thing or not

Hi Cybershrink

I have met this wonderful man we are the same age 21 years old and I am working and his had some problems and he is in grade 11. we have been together for three months now and even though he is still in school he puts in the effort to make me very happy and I appreciate that but. But this past weekend we spend at his cousin brothers girlfriends house thy were having a party for their daughter

And during the course of the evening the happy proud parents had a big fight and my boyfriend's cousin brother packed his shit and left and I think this was the beginning of our misunderstanding.Firstly he has an older brother who keeps stirring at me and makes me feel uncomfortable plus and his whole family thinks I am older than him because I have a car and I work and for the life of them they don't understand why I am with him. I have realized something about life , the one thing that make you happy you must hold on to it but how can I if my boyfriend keeps on making me feel like I am second best.

Last night I spoke to him on the phone when we spoke he told me that he cried during the day when he was thinking about me. When he said that he made me feel very sad because I don't believe in happy tears ,tear for me a sad. so . I told him that my ex called and hope fully that would have been a good reason for him to cry.

I really like this one but how do I keep him and me happy and together

mooh, I hope the others have some useful suggestions here. Odd that it sounds as if his family think more of you than of him. But if this guy keeps making you feel second-best, how can you say he makes you happy ? You';re not second-best. SOunds like you two need to do a lot more quiet talking together, about all these issues, and make things clearer, about what you each want and expect.