Posted by: Anon | 2008/08/21


There are many issues that I have at the moment, trust issues toward any man due to a failed relationship. Stress etc. Is it advisable to go see a psychologists, and what can I expect. I dont want to jiust see someone who is going to talk and talk without any results. I' m not being negative I just want to be fixed.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

SOunds like an excellent idea to see a psychologist for counselling / therapy. The idea is not for the shrink to do as much talking as you seem to expect ! Seek one ( the anxiety-depression support group lists many such ) who does Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy / CBT, which is businesslike in the way you so reasonably seem to want --- you will outline the problems as you see them, clarify these with the help of the therapist, and then set a program agenda for work towards eliminating them

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.