Question
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/25

Is what i'm going to do

Yeah, so Hubby is gone this morning, and though i feel a tad sad, teary, my body just urging for a ciggy & i must fight, fight, fight, i am coping.
I tried very hard to not show him how it really upsets me, but think he knows anyway. Cuz last night he suggested that i go for therapy for a while. I asked him why he thinks that, he said "will be good for you" Guess he realized this last week ive just been going backwards....so it feels anyway.
So i made an appointment for monday morning.

Last nite we watched "I am Sam" he never saw it before & i told him he has to watch it, cuz it makes me cry everytime.
He watched it, and at the end, i look, and then the tears...cuz its what the movie does.

I said to him that Sam is so special, a really beautiful person.

Then My husband asked me why I love him, and I said" Cuz you are Sam"

His name is really Sam.

I miss my Sammy

Pleased to hear how well you're managing, Delene, and the appointment on Monday is a wise precaution, anyway. yes, Sam is a film more people should watch. Did anyone else see the nice British film on DSTV this month, about the little Jewish boy who's mad about cricket, and learns from the West Indian family who move in next door ? Insightful on kids, prejudices and racism, and just a very well-made story

9
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/25

yeah DEe, do that & come visit me, we both can get fat on the popcorn..LOL

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Dee | 2005/11/25

Hi D

I fully agree with Valkyrie - this is your time (ALL YOUR'S).
Try to focus all your energies on stuff that will make you smile and all mushy inside - even if its just wearing your most comfy clothes and sitting with a bowl of popcorn with a pile of great movies to watch (come to think of it - maybe I should send my hubby away this weekend..mmm).

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Valkyrie | 2005/11/25

Dalene: This is a golden oppurtunity to pamper yourself. Spend some time on yourself, have a manicure, pedicure, facial (do it yourself) rest relax and do what you have always wanted to do but could not becuase you spend all your time on your familie. Let hubby come home to a brand new vibrant woman.
Good luck and remember you still have your buddy's to support you.

Reply to Valkyrie
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/11/25

*drukkie*

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/25

Sorry Twinky, thanx to you too...LOL

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/25

Thanx Frusty & B..........

If I had family, it would be so much easier.
But...i dont

Just him & my kids. And next week my kids are going to their dad for a week...eish, kids & husband gone, if that eint a challange, i dunno what is.
But i will make sure to cope.
Cant let hubby come back to a wreck, cant do that to him.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: blowersdaughter | 2005/11/25

beautiful people are so beautiful don't you think.
they show life is beautiful, and come what may, whether they there or not, they leave their eternal magical beauty.
be strong delene.

Reply to blowersdaughter
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/25

Delene, you are going through a hard time right now and I take my hat off to you for the way in which you are dealing with it. Sterkte!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: twink | 2005/11/25

shame delene,

i know it's going to be tough without your hubby, but hang in there. he'll be back before you know it.

xxx

Reply to twink