Question
Posted by: Ella | 2004/03/11

Is Ventolin the reason for me not falling pregnant?

Hope you are all well. As you all know I've been trying to fall pregnant for quite a while after having a stillborn.

I also suffer from asthma. I sometimes use my Ventolin asthma pump up to 2 times a day. Someone said that is the reason why I'm not falling pregnant. I'm going to see my gynae on the 26th, but do any of you know if that can be a reason why I'm not falling pregnant?

Thanks guys
Ella

Ventolin would not cause you not to fall pregnant. The usual dose is 2 puffs three times a day.

4
Posted by: www | 2004/03/11

I've also been using Ventolin/Venteze/Asthavent since I was 12 years old and have never stopped - had 2 healthy pregnancies. Don't let people that think they know it all, upset you and tell you things that they actually have no knowledge about. When it comes to conception, pregnancy and birth, there are always more old-wives-tales than with anything else in life - quite strange.
Good luck!

Reply to www
Posted by: Ella | 2004/03/11

Thank you so much for answering my question.

Much appreciated.

Ella
:-)

Reply to Ella
Posted by: dee | 2004/03/11

Ventillin cannot make you infertile.

Reply to dee
Posted by: asthma mom | 2004/03/11

Hi Ella,

I have severe asthma myself and I'm using Inflammide (cortisone inhaler) to control it and Ventolin for symptomatic relief as well.

I've done so throughout both my pregnancies (with my doctor's approval) and my daughters and I are both in good health.

I did find though that in my first pregnancy my asthma got worse (and stayed that way afterwards) and then with the second one it almost disappeared! I haven't used Ventolin for about 2 years now.

So, good luck. I hope yours is like my second one.

Reply to asthma mom