Question
Posted by: sam | 2004/10/08

Is this thrush?

well i am a teenager and about 3 weeks ago i noticed it is really itchy(sometimes very, sometimes not.) by my vagina(mostly outside on the lips and by my urine hole but sometimes by my vagina hole) and i get some white or clear discharge too(smelly) so i told my mom and she said its thrush and bought me canestan. she said it runs in the family. so i didnt use it straight away cos i had my period. now i want to use it but i want to make sure it is thrush cos you are supposed to insert the cream inside but it itches on the outside(thats why i am worried). i have never had sex and am 16. i am really scared. is it thrush? must i use the cream? thanx.

It does sound like thrush and the cream should help

1
Posted by: Me Too | 2004/10/09

Hi Sam

I also suffer from thrush. You do feel the itching on the outside. You would also have a cottage cheese like discharge.

If it's your first time you should get a proper diagnosis from a doctor. If you are sure that it is thrush then go ahead and use the cream. It won't do any harm but if it isn't thrush then it won't help the itch.

Reply to Me Too