Question
Posted by: Hysterectomy or Not??? | 2005/12/06

Is this the right decision????

I had a biopsy done in October and went for my results yesterday. The was no sign of any cancer in my womb, but the gynae has advised me that there are bad cells on the mouth of my womb and he would liket o cut that piece away. I am 35 yrs old and I have 2 children. I am not sure if I should opt for a complete hysterctomy or will the cutting away of the infected pieces be okay to do. He says there is no sign of cancer, but it can develop in the next 5 to 10 yrs only. This op will only be a prevention. Is he right???

Cutting away the abnormal cells is usually sufficient. A hysterectomy is a much bigger procedure and would not be necessary at this stage.