Question
Posted by: M | 2006/10/30

Is this sinus? - too late to go to doc?

I have had the following symptoms for 10 days now - although I am better I am still not feeling great. Stuffy nose, pain in the corner of m eyes and above eyes (under brows). Constantly needing to blow my nose especially when mobile. Mucus sticky and a little yellow. Pain and dizzyness when bending down.
Have taken sinu clear & Sinu Tab with codine (at night) and 2 different nose sprays, occasionally panado and viral choice.
I don't want antibiotics (because of thrush). Shoudl I go to a doc at this stage?

Dear M
After 10 days - yip, I think so. Ask the doctor to provide you with a probiotic to take with your antibiotic,.. Also rinse your nose with saline ( 1 cup water and 1/2 teasp salt) - sniff up and blow out until the water that comes out is clear - and do this at least twice a day. Get yourself some Drixine nosespray to open up the sinus openings.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2006/10/30

Just because you have antibiotic treatment (which you now seem to need for a sinus infection) doesn't mean you will automatically get thrush - just ask your doctor to give you interflora as well. If you do have an infection of some sort, it wont get better until you get antibiotic treatment and might even start getting worse. Why continue to feel miserable? You have given it 10 days - it seems as if it is time for antibiotic treatment which will fix you up in no time and if you take the interflora u wont suffer from thrush either!

Hope you feel better soon! Sinus trouble is sooo miserable, I know - I am recovering from a sinus op I had on Tues last week - I had such badly infected sinuses my ENT said (I have suffered sinus trouble for I don't know how many years) and now hopefully the 3 procedures he did will rid me of my sinus troubles - or at least lessen them to some extent!

Reply to anxious