Question
Posted by: night time-crazyness | 2008/01/22

is this sexsomnia ?

I am at wits end with my sleeping problem, I have read articles that describes exactly what I am going through for the past 5 months. I started having sexual episodes at night , I am depriving my husband from very needed sleep, and I wake up feeling very tired every day of my life, for months now my marriage feels to be slipping away because of my sleeping problem, husband says he watches me almost every nite while I have sex "with other men"<br>although in reality there is only my husband and I in bed at night.I apparently start up with a movement resembling something like a shock, i then pull away from my husband and start masterbating vigorously , I even lift my legs up and it seems as if I am having sexual intercourse, I sometimes make moaning noises as well,<br>and if husband wakes me up I get a bit aggresive towards him, or tell him to wait as i am busy!!!!<br>This is a huge problem for me and one I can not handle, as I dont have any control over it, I have not once yet after an eppisode remembered anything about it. Problen is that it is totally ruining my marriage. It has a bad effect on my husband as he believes that I am wanting other men! ! he feels that he is inadequate because of this, I rarely go out the house, and the day I do go some where then my husband gets suspicious .He told me to do something about my dreaming habits .and often I realisethat he is pushing me away as if I have a disease...he sometimes at night wil ltell me to move away as he cant sleep next to me while I am having sexual experiences with other men in my sleep !!! this is for me the most embarrasing and problem to handle and I feel dirty and like a freak. I have used sleeping pills sometimes and it did not help my problem at all. We have not had a holiday in about 8 years and we were looking a tgoing away for a few days...but ...this morning my husband says to me that we can not go anywhere while I have this sleeping problem as I will probably sleep walk and go to some one elses room at night!! as child I used to sleep walk but have not done that since was a child ! I had a problematic childhood with a alcoholic mother that was abbusive as well, I offered to sleep in another room at night but husband says NO it wil lnot solve anything, I am really very tired of feeling this way. I read that there is medication that helps for this type of thing......i have tried a muscle relaxant as well, but it did not help.<br> Do you have any idea as t o what I must do to stop my night time crazyness ?<br>

I know Sleep-walking, and we know that other more complex behaviours can occur during sleep, even driving a car, but I haven't heard of this sort of masturbation pattern as part of this phenomenon. It would be advisable for you to see a good local psychiatrist for a thorough assessment, and then a discussion, based on that, of the best way to manage this. I'm sure there are ways in which you can regain control of this, and to focus your sexual activities so as to include your husband, and while awake enough to enjoy it properly

2
Posted by: cautious | 2008/01/22

Were you abused as a chld perhaps.

Reply to cautious
Posted by: cautious | 2008/01/22

Do you have no recollection of this behaviour or dreams at all? So you rely purely on your husband telling you what you do. How do you know its real or you can trust what he says? I would doubt his every word and insist on a video of this behaviour....or something substantial to back it up.

He could be using this as an excuse.....Surely if one was having these "dreams" or nightmares or whatever you call them, you would have some memory somewhere of it occuring?

Have to seen a Dr/Psychologist/Psychiatrist at all. Who gave you the sleeping pills?

Reply to cautious