Question
Posted by: Tired!! | 2004/10/22

Is this right!!

My boyfriend had stopped drinking for a few months, he was such good company, we were always together and sometimes he helped with cooking.His started drinking again, stays out late and when I call him on his cell he tells me to stop nagging then stays out later.We don't have a sex life as he blamed it on the medication that he took four months ago.
In the mornings after a night out his back to his normal self and wants to pay me a fine for staying out late, while I on the other hand am still upset because of his behaviour, he thinks it's all a joke, his normally very tight with money, wouldn't budge with a penny, but now suddenly prepared to pay a fine never mind the amount.I tried telling him that money is not all.
Last nite I really felt like ending my life,I'm so tired of this, being left all alone at home, I really wonder is it worth going on.I get to dread the weekends now as I don't know where is he and how late is he going to be out.

Some medications may reduce a person's sexual desire and/or performance, but not for 4 months after one has stopped taking them ! Don't even dream of ending your own life --- don't EVER give anyone else the power to make you feel like that. When he's in one of his good moods, try for a start, telling him that the "fine" is that he must sit pleasantly and listen to your problems, and suggest a solution for them --- and then tell him, as you describe it in your messsage, how this is making you feel. See what he thinks when he's considering how this affects you. Would he be open to thinking of a spot of relationship counselling together ? If he's not prepared to be less selfish and more considerate of you, look for your best way out of this relationship, and look after yourself, till you find a better man.

3
Posted by: Susanna | 2004/10/22

Hello girl?????????

Why are you with this loser? Are you sure hes not screwing you around? You know that he is an arsehole. How can you even think about taking your life over a man. He is clearly not the right man for you and he will drag you down everyday because you are allowing it. Tell him you want to move out. Or he must move out. Going out is obviously more important than being with you and that spells trouble!

Reply to Susanna
Posted by: cindy | 2004/10/22

the fact that u asked this question means you already have alarms going in your head about this, so as bad as it sounds, you need to move on...i know you dread the fact that you might have to start your life all over again, but sometimes that's the only way of making yourself happy...its difficult, but possible..and who knows ,maybe this will give him a wake up call and get him to put his life together.
Just remember that a relationship is a two way road, youcan never walk the road he's supposed to, you are bound to get tired,, lose all respect and love for him...which can really be a drag

Reply to cindy
Posted by: Pete | 2004/10/22

Get out of this relationship Honey! You have got to kiss a few frogs before you find a prince - discard this frog or the Prince...BTW, men do not change their habits.

Reply to Pete