Question
Posted by: bride to be | 2006/11/09

is this ok?

I'm getting married on a Friday morning. Is it ok to invite 4 colleagues only and not their partners?

thanks

Surely (a) this is a question for an etiquette expert, rather than a shrink, and (b) depends so much on circumstances, size of wedding, budget, etc. ? And tell the 4 why you are inviting them and not partners, and they shouldn't mind

6
Posted by: Jenine | 2006/11/09

Hey B-t-b! I am also planning a wedding, and I am not going to invite some people who think they will be invited. I just feel that it's my day, it's my wedding! I will have everyone there who will support me and who loves me... so screw the rest!!

Reply to Jenine
Posted by: kat | 2006/11/09

tell them exactly what you have just told us, rather all 4 than 2 with partners. they will apriciate the invite.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Playgirl | 2006/11/09

I would say its definatley fine - besides - its a morning wedding so most partners will be at work....

Reply to Playgirl
Posted by: bride to be | 2006/11/09

yes, I do have a very small wedding of 30 people...this is why I thought it would be better to invite 4 of my colleagues instead of 2 with partners...

what do you think?

Reply to bride to be
Posted by: T | 2006/11/09

Its ur wedding not theirs.But it would be nice if they could bring their partners too.

Reply to T
Posted by: kat | 2006/11/09

if its a small wedding then yes why not besides its your wedding and you do have the say. you could always just say that you only want close friends and family. why dont you want to invite the partners?

Reply to kat