Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/07/09

Is this normal periods?

Hi, i had very abnormal periods this month. I started Sunday morning, it was very strange...lots of blood and it had thick blood pieces in. But only the fact that it was so much blood was strange to me coz i know that is not how i would have my periods. It continued on Monday and the last bit was the Monday night. Yesterday there was nothing and so for today. Normally i would have my periods for 6 days, what can this be?

Dear Anonymous
Heavy bleeding can be due to hormonal imbalances or due to an early miscarriage, the clots just happen if the bleeding is a lot in a short period. If you have not been on contraception and you could have been pregnant I think you should see your doctor, otherwise you can wait and see if this happens again - if this is more than a once off episode you probably should see a gyne.