Posted by: Me | 2008/09/18

Is this normal?

I' ve been alone for the past 2 years and I' ve met a guy who seems really nice we exchanged numbers and started chatting though sms. we' ve been on two dates already we even kissed and said we like each other. when we chat on sms everything flows but the minute we call each other or go out on a date we have nothing to say to each other. I feel like I' ve known him for so long cause now we' ve spoken about everything about ourselves, families even feelings on sms.we' ve stopped chatting on sms but we now call rarely. is this normal will things change automatically after a while or what do I do?

ne of the problems with SMS and its kin is that it keeps one communicating without actually needing to have anything to say --- it makes trivial contacts seem more substantial than they are. If you find that in person you have nothing to talk about, maybe you're really a pair of nice people with little in common. This may not happen in other people you meet, so don't over-generalize from this experience