Question
Posted by: Crystal | 2005/01/11

is this normal?

I got a belly ring more than a year ago and it looks healthy and all but now and again i still get a pus coming out? the pus isnt alot but i mean shouldnt it be healed on the inside by now???

Crystal, the key to keeping it clean is to turn it every day and wash it with something like Tea Tree oil, surgical spirits or even just Savlon®. If the tissue around the ring becomes infected the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.

3
Posted by: Miranda | 2005/01/12

I agree 100% - you should turn it often and use surgical spirits EVERY DAY to prevent infection.

Remember when we were little and had our ears pierced...? I remotely remember inventing new "bad" words in my mind every time my mom said "Time to clean your studs", but I never had infection, so she must have known what she was doing.... lol.

Reply to Miranda
Posted by: Crystal | 2005/01/11

Thankyou....i do turn it regularly and wash it in the bath but you are right i think the surgical spirits is the correct medicine for this on a daily basis. :) thanx

Reply to Crystal
Posted by: *;) | 2005/01/11

Not really - if you don't keep turning it regularly, it could become infected - since when it DOES move, it tears the skin just a little bit. Just keep your surgical spirits around and dab around while your moving. Burns like hell, but it does do the trick. I still do it every day - even though it looks healthy. As soon as I feel that it's burning again, I know that I'm not turning it around enough.

Reply to *;)