Posted by: Princess | 2008/08/08

Is this Midlife Crisis?????

I am 45yrs married female with 2 teenage boys and a 5 yr old adopted daugther who is having an affair with a long lost ex- boyfriend I had at high school, he is also 45yrs, married with 2 teenage boys and a 8yr old. We have been seeing and phoning
each other for the last month. We ran into each other accidently
in a mall, have exchanged mobile no' s and since then we could' nt
stand being away from each other.There has been fireworks and butterfly' s the works. He wants to divorce his wife
and marry me. Please advise I' m confuse. Do women also suffer
midlife crisis?

I got muddled in your message, as it sounded at first that your 5-year-old is having the affair with the Ex, which sounds most peculiar ! But it appears that you, married and with kids, have chosen most unwisely to have an affair with a married man with kids. Have you thought about how very many people will be hurt badly when the affair becomes known to others affected by it ? Its not strictly a mid-life crisis, more like a mid-wife crisis. Pull yourself together and realize that such affairs hurt everyone. If he's happy to cheat on his wife and kids, he'll cheat on you, too. You know you should end the affair --- why not just go ahead and end it ?

Posted by: Been there | 2008/08/08

Let me tell you - it is not worth it!!! Once you are toghether nothing will ever be the same. You would never trust each other. Your relationship with your children will never be the same. Rather let this be a lesson to you to give more in your marriage and work on your relationship with your husband. Changes are that he will never leave his wife for you! You have to much to loose yourself. Just think straight and do the right thing - end this affair before someone gets hurt!!!

Reply to Been there
Posted by: D | 2008/08/08

WEll say CS

Reply to D