Question
Posted by: confused | 2005/06/30

Is this ment to be?

I'm 17, 5'10, and 65-70 kilos.. It changes alot.
I don't smoke, I try to excersise and eat healthy but I don't have any motervation! what kind of things should I be doing? I don't want to gain muscle, only slim down because I dont like how I look. Please Help what should I be going? Eating? is their special excersises for this?

Dear Confused
When you weigh 65 kg then your BMI = 20,5, which is below ideal. When you weigh 75 kg your BMI = 23,7, which is just slightly above the ideal of 22 for which you would have to weigh 70 kg. So even when you weigh 75 kg you are not really overweight and I would not recommend that you go an a slimming diet. If you are constantly using slimming diets to drop down to 65 kg and then when you stop your weight increases to 75 kg, you must be very careful because this could land you in the yo-yo dieting cycle which in time can totally distrupt your metabolism and cause pronounced weight gain. So STOP trying to lose weight by dieting and rather firm up your body by doing aerobic exercise (brisk walking, cycling, swimming, skipping, jogging, etc). The exercise will also help you to keep your weight constant at 70 kg which is your ideal weight.
Take care