Question
Posted by: lynda | 2004/01/31

is this low bood sugar.

I am a 37 year old female, 1.67m tall and weigh 51kgs. Often I feel light headed/dizzy, start feeling panicky and confused and experience slight tremors; which is only alleviated if I have something with a high sugar content. I eat all 3 meals and am not on any diet. I have had a blackout previously when experiencing the same symptons but could not get to sugar water or orange juice fast enough. Do I possibly have low blood sugar and what can be done to stop this? As a primary school teacher I am afraid that I may blackout infront of my class.

Lynda, it sounds like you might have low blood sugar, but I can’t guarantee it from this side of the screen. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure it isn’t due to something else. If it is low blood sugar, you can e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you something I wrote on the subject. Good luck.