Question
Posted by: Charltjies | 2006/04/12

Is this healthy

Hi, i have a problem with my weight, not huge but i need to loose at least 7kg's. I would somtimes go on a starvation diet but it seems like that is not working for me anymore.
Now i have been doing the following. I eat 25g of oats in the morning with half spoon on sugar. Tuna salad in the afternoon en evening. i drink about 6 cups of tea with one sugar and mik a day. And drink at leat 6 glasses of water a day.
Is that healthy?

Dear Charltjies
Although I think that you will lose weight on the diet you describe, I don't think it is really balanced - it is lacking in too many nutrients (e.g. calcium for strong bones and teeth, etc). So don't stay on this diet for longer than a week. You may also get very tired of eating the same food all the time. You can try an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). With the latter diet you should lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week. Slow, steady weight loss is much better than starvation diets that can have negative effects on your metabolism and lead to serious deficiencies.

1
Posted by: JC | 2006/04/13

WAY too little food!!!

I have found eating more (not overeating) and eating about 6 meals a day has helped me loose weight. I eat the correct portions numbers and sizes and I never feel hungry.

Good luck!

Reply to JC