Question
Posted by: flower | 2004/09/22

Is this explanation correct.

Hi doc

Thanks for your reply doc but, you said if I am not happy I should get a second opinion but my question is, is the explanation the doctor gave me correct. Is it possible? you are my second opinion.
Here was my previous mail.

Subject: got my results what now
Posted by: flower
Message:
sorry ladies you must all be soooo sick of me. But I really need advise, everyone and anyone can reply. My doctor phoned me today and said my pap smear was completely normal. He said he checked for everything. So I said to the doctor that I am still worried because I still bleed a little after sex. He said its normal, he said because I have been on the pill for 11 years something in the pill has caused the lining of my vagina to thin out and that caused the bleeding. He says the only way I can stop this is if I change and go onto the pill. What do you ladies think about his answer. What now.
Date: 22/9/2004

Subject:
Posted by: Gynaedoc
Message:
If you still unhappy, Suggest get a 2nd opinion
Date: 22/9/2004

The explanation is not entirely plausible but it is impossible to give an opinion without examining you and seeing what the cervix looks like. That is what i mean by getting a second opinion

1
Posted by: Julia | 2004/09/23

YOU COULD ASK FOR A COLPOSCOPY EXAMINATION. THIS IS AN EXAMINATION THAT IS DONE IN CASES OF SUSPECTED CERVICAL CANCER. IT PRECEDES THE CONE BIOPSY STAGE OF THE INVESTIGATIONS. I'VE HAD IT DONE. IT IS NOT SO BAD.

Reply to Julia