Question
Posted by: tsego | 2005/01/11

Is this emotional abuse

I've been going out with this guy for 6 years now, but sometimes his behaviour is strange. He come in and out of my life, dumps every now and again for idiotic things, lies to me and himself most of time, has cheated etc. On the other hand he can be so sweet and amazing, each he is like this we have so much fun, and shows me amazing love. Now since sunday he hasnt been talking to me for what I dont know. I decide d not to speack to him just ot give him his space, but its like I've made the situation worse. Since yesterday I have been trying to call him, but he doesnt take my calls. Everytime I leave him, he begs and begs me to forgive him and help him work through his problems. But it seems like it never ends. Please help.

OK, so he can occasionally be sweet, but it sounds like he is sour, lying, and uncaring much of the time. If he genuinely recognizes that he has problems needing attention, that isn't your job to deal with --- he ought to see a counsellor, sort himself out, and then let you know the good news that he's ready to be nice all the time. Otherwise, don't you deserve better ?

2
Posted by: Juzlisen | 2005/01/11

Girl - it's a new year - do yourself a favour and get away from this abuse - yes he is abusing you emotionally.
There is no law or book that says you need to stick around even when he is "sweet" he does not care about you or your feelings - let go girl - it's time.

Reply to Juzlisen
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2005/01/11

Tsego,
Why have you been taking this for 6 years? Being sweet and making it up to you after the fact is not enough. Ignoring you without telling you why is also not fair. Do you want to be in a relationship where you don't whether you are coming or going? Think about yourself and decide what you want before thinking about him, else go for counselling as a couple if you really want to be together.
Good luck and Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired