Question
Posted by: shani | 2004/11/05

is this diet bad for me?

i posted a message about popcorn, the thing is that's all i eat, and drink black tea/coffee with sweetner, occasionally diet cola, but aftetr an initial weightloss of 6kg i'm staying the same. Can you tell me why?

Dear Shani
If you only eat popcorn then you are actually on a 'starvation' diet and your body ahs probably switched off its weight loss systems in view of perceived starvation. To lose weight need to reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site.
Take care