Question
Posted by: Danny | 2004/11/14

Is This Dangerous? HELP

Well…My best best best buddy Johny met this chick beginning of this year and 3 months later it turns out that his Mom and her Dad is kinda family. Her grandfather and his grandfather are step brothers. Is this ok for them to have something or is this a recipe for disaster?
This relationship between Johny and this chick is very strong and I don’t want to make an issue about it if it’s harmless. But are they “genetically compatible”? What are the odds that they are?
Please help me!

Thanks Danny

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Danny

If the grandfathers are not biologically related as I understood from your question they do not have to worry - only if there is a biological family relationshop would there be an increased risk.

Regards, Maritha