Question
Posted by: Hmmmmm | 2005/12/08

Is this cheating???

I want to know If you are on this site and you are married and you start to flirt with somebody that even Cs tells you to get a room....and then you exchange email adresses...what next cybersex....Isn't it a form of cheating. Just asking

What I actually said, with no intention of hurting anyone's feelings, was get a chat-room, where there is clear chat going on, unrelated to our actual business here

9
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/08

Well, it seems that I am the person in question here and I have only just got back, so let me say this:

Most of the people here support each other and care about each others day to day welfare. Yesterday, when I was feeling down, a lot of the regulars came to my rescue, and it truelly made a difference. I was feeling very low and needed a lift, and they knew and understood that and gladly obliged. So if by returning the favour to a person whom I consider to be a friend has offended anyone, then just deal with it!!!!! I whoever it is that has posted this is so observant and nit-picky looks back, I also responded to ... and a few others and will continue to do so if they need me.

I am in contact with a few people from the forum, both male and female, and we have become friends. Nothing more, nothing less. And if that is considered cheating, then yes, I am guilty as charged, with all of them, both male and female.

So next time you want to make and issue out of something, get your facts straight first before you upset everyone.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: 1111 | 2005/12/08

Posting 11159

Subject:
Posted by: Cybershrink
Message:
come on guys. the Americans wuld say "Get a Room !" --- maybe the cyber-alternative would be Get a Chat-Room ?
Date: 8/12/2005

Reply to 1111
Posted by: hoo hoo | 2005/12/08

if you are asking this question then the answer is yes

Reply to hoo hoo
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/08

One last thing on this subject. If you read back, please do before making useless comments, u will see that the context of the chat was the result of the type of questions raised in post no 11174 where most regulars responded

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Jakes | 2005/12/08

There never was any flirting. Email addresses have been exchanged before. A number of members are in contact and as u will see it remains on the basis of the Nic.
But yes, I will apologise to all who may be offended.

Maybe u would rather save your energy to respond usefully to the real issues posted here.

Reply to Jakes
Posted by: Lofty | 2005/12/08

I totally agree with you PP I think it is defnitaly cheating..I am involved and I will never flirt online because it will feel like cheating. It is also very irritating when you open a posting and you see these stuff going on....like Cs said get a room

Reply to Lofty
Posted by: figured it out | 2005/12/08

Well, are you getting from cybersex what you are not getting in your marriage? Is your marriage just purely a convenience, two people living together who just dont really have a relationship?

Yes, in a way it is cheating, because you have a relationship with someone else who yur partner does nto know about, and you are exploring what is generally considered meant for your partner only - sexuality.

So, sorry to say, it is a form of cheating. The only consolation is that it is still a fantasy your are sharing with someone you dont really know. This makes the debate somewhat different, because technically you are only engaging in a fantasy, which we all do. How many people have thougth about other people and situations as a fantasy while engaging in sex with their partners. Would that then also be considered cheating? I dont know.

Is a fantasy cheating? If not, then cybersex could also be considered a fantasy, and therefore technically not cheating.

Oops, I haven't really made up my mind on this one...hmmm..

Reply to figured it out
Posted by: Peter Pan | 2005/12/08

Hmmmmmm

I came across the strangest thing sometime ago, I was on this online dating webite where people can chat and date and find new love, Iwas shocked to see how many people on the site were already involved, then I asked one of them why he was on the site if he was appily involved, his answer was interesting; he said that he had a higher sex drive than his partner and chatting on line kept him honest.

If you love someone you do not chat online period, offcourse its cheating, but again people are in comfortzone love relationships and they never really trully loved their partners in the first place.

Reply to Peter Pan
Posted by: Hey | 2005/12/08

Yes, there are a couple of well known forum members who abuses this forum exactly for that purpose. You can easily identify them.

Reply to Hey