Question
Posted by: Jojo | 2007/02/22

Is this a miscarriage?

Hi Doc,
I did a pregnancy test on Saturday and it was positive. So that means on Tues I was '5 weeks'. This morning I woke up and when I went to the loo there was a tissue full of blood - like period blood, but dark brownish (old blood). I have a few 'period like' cramps, but nothing further. I have put on a pad, but nothing is happening, but there is still some old brown blood inside. Is this a miscarriage, or a late period or is this normal.
This is my second pregnancy. 1st child is 21 months, but had a miscarriage before him, so now a little concerned.
If you think it's a miscarriage, do I need a dnc?

It could be a threatened miscarriage. You need to see your doctor.

1
Posted by: babe | 2007/02/22

Sorry to break it to you, but it seems as if it could be a miscarriage. The fact that it was alot of blood and is brown definately does not sound very promising. Go see a doctor today already, as it can cause severe infection and later maybe even cancer

Reply to babe