Question
Posted by: Whats wrong with me? | 2008/01/25

Is this a call for help?

I cant control my anger. It drives me insane. I get so angry so quick that i push my love ones away. Due to my anger i dont have a good relationship with my family amd now my love life is falling apart. How can i control my anger? What can i do to be my relaxed. Whats wrong with me?

See a psychologist practising CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) to learn how to relate to people constructively and how to control your anger. There's no simple answer I can give you in a few sentences, but a CBT therapist can help you look at the details of the situations which trigger these maladaptive responses, and to learn better ways of responding to them., including learning how to relax when you need to do so

1
Posted by: depressed | 2008/01/27

Are you sure you aren't suffering from depression. I have been told I suffer from depression and I have a very short temper at times. My family are the first to get a taste of it. I get irritated too quickly and for the most pathetic reasons. If I am watching tv and they come in to say hello and want to talk a bit I snap at them. It can take just 3 words to set me off and them I am in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Well was just a thought.

Reply to depressed