Question
Posted by: Craft | 2004/03/11

Is there weight gain with the two month injection?

Last year,after a termination I went onto the two month injection as a method of contraception. What I've noticed is that I find it MORE difficult to loose weight now than I did before. Does this have anything to do with the injection? Also what is the difference between the monthly and two monthly injection anyway??? Please advise.

The injection can cause weight gain in some women. There is a two month injection and a three month injection. They are very similar except that there is a slightly longer delay in return to fertility with the three month injection and a few more women have no periods.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/03

Hoe lank vat sit voordt Jy gewig optel

Posted by: Sam | 2004/03/12

I also picked up a lot of weight when I went onthe injection and just couldn't loose it. When I came off though I got rid of it within a few months.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Elsa | 2004/03/12

Ek is ook op die 2-maande inspuiting vanaf Februarie verlede jaar en het ongeveer 8 kilogram opgetel. Ek is 26 en my gewig was vanaf 18 jarige ouderdom konstant, het nie eens wintermaande soveel as 'n kilogram opgetel nie. So, volgens my opinie laat dit definitief gewig optel.

Reply to Elsa