Question
Posted by: Miranda | 2006/07/18

Is there something wrong?

Hi doc

I hope you can help me with some advice - I'm really desperate!
I'm 1.54m and weigh 62kgs

My daily food intake looks something like this:
Breakfast: dietfuel shake of usn
2 apples in the day
dinner: mixed salad (no dressing) with chicken and a sweet potato or fish, mixed veggies and potato

i'm not loosing weight, at the mos i'd loose 0.5kg per week and then if i try and eat even just something else over the weekend i gain the 0.5kg + another 250g - 800g.

I drink 6-8 glasses water per day, black coffee, no sugar.

I go to the gym 3 days per week for 45mins cardio workout.

Please help! I'm really trying!

Dear Miranda
Eating too little can cause your body to go into "Starvation Mode" - I think you are not getting calories in enough at the moment. You may also have a hormonal reason for the weight not dropping as you are doing everything else right. Ask your GP to check your Thyroid?
Talk to dietdoc on the health 24 website.

1
Posted by: SUN | 2006/07/18

I'm not a doctor but you sound perfect to me - I'm also 1.54 and weigh 65kgs - would be very happy with 62kgs. Maybe you diet needs a bit of a shake up to get the chemicals in your body going.

Reply to SUN