Question
Posted by: Hope? | 2007/06/25

is there hope?

Morning all

this is a great site! to make a long storie short, i had a etopic pregnancy last year june, they removed my right tube, now the beginning of this month i was 3 days late did a blood test and it showed it was a chemical pregnancy, so i started bleeding the 3rd, does anyone know if my period will continue as normal, or will my dates change, we tried just after i stop bleeding, i ovulated the 13th and for that hole week 11-15/6 we were busy bee's!now im wondering could i be or am i going to be late cause of the chemical pregnacy, i dont have any pregnancy signs except my boobs are sore!

thankx all!!!!!!!!

DEAR HOPE?

The situation is rather complex since a biochemical pregnancy, coupled with bleeding,may be due to either implantation bleeding or impending miscarriage. The only way is to repeat on a serial basis the beta HCG (pregnancy hormone levels), which will aid in determining whether the pregnancy is progressing in a normal level (levels will be near double every 48 hours) or heading towards a miscarriage (levels would be consistently dropping). Also, the history of a previous ectopic may predispose you to another ectopic in 60% of cases and often dysfunctional bleeding may be the first warning sign of another ectopic. I recommend that you visit your gynaecologist as soon as possible even at this early stage.