Question
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/12/08

Is there any risks in getting pregnant the month just after a D&C

I would like to find out whether there any risks in getting pregnant the month just after a D&C, could it be harmful for the baby because you had general anest... or something like that, I think that if I don't have to think to be careful I'd be able to deal with my miscarraige a bit easier,

Any responses will be wonderful.

Jessica

The chances of a successful pregnancy outcome are better if you wait at least 3 months before falling pregnant again.

4
Posted by: Kate | 2004/12/08

I would agree that falling pregnant again soon helps you deal with your loss. I am sure the doc will say that it is best to give your body a rest but I fell pregnant again in the 'two month' waiting period the doctor had given me and so far so good.

Do what you feel is right for you, lots of women have healthy babies that they conceived just after a D&C.

Take care.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Francis | 2004/12/08

No harm, except if it was a maybe a second or third miscarriage. I had a D&C done on the 1st of May (baby died) and then fell pregnant round the 4th of June. I am happy to say that I am 29 weeks pregnant and all is well.

The 3 month waiting period is just for extreme cases or for you to deal with the loss better. My way to deal with it was to get pregnant A S A P.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/12/08

Thanks Golly, I'm holding on,

Feels like the only thing that will make me feel better is being pregnant again,

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Golly | 2004/12/08

Hi Jessica,

I wasn't on the forum when your message came through end of Nov. about your loss. I read all the responses from all the other members and all I can add is that I hope you feel the love and support of all those people around you during this time.

As I understand it, there is no threat to a pregnancy after D&C. Actually, everyone says that after a D&C you are at your most fertile. Your system is ready and clean -must be the best time to try again if you feel up to it.

All the best in ttc'ing. Try and stay positive and believe that it will happen for you!

Reply to Golly