Question
Posted by: DC | 2004/11/04

Is there an explanation?

It is one of those stages, days , weeks where I am experiencing the proverbial "when it rains, it pours".
Myself and hubby not communicating, uncertainty at work, worrying about son's suicidal tendencies, nightmares, the list is endless.
Someone happened to ask me how I'm coping? This really made me think.Because despite all these adversities, I am experiencing a strange sense of calmness and control. Believe me, I am not complaining.It feels good to handle each and every situation without loosing my cool.
Is there any explanation for this? I am normally short-tempered, sensitive and jumpy.
Is it possible that I am somehow content that my life has been destined to be rocky?Have I reached a quiet complacency(excuse spelling) , acceptance that this is "normal"? Or is it just a warm, sunny day before the storm sets in?

Actually, the saying is wise, because in fact, when the weather circumstances are right for some rain, they're right for there to be more rain ( unlike Gauteng this year !) So when wer're in an unsettled situation, there are often many diferent challenges to ou stability. And you're being cool and calm and coping ? Excellent. Maybe you are indeed accepting a situation for what it is, and improving it where it's improvable, and letting it be, where it isn;t. Late-onset wisdom, perhaps ?

2
Posted by: DC | 2004/11/04

Chelle
I see your point, but I have never gone into problem-solving mode, without somehow bulldozing who-and whatever.Nor have I ever downplayed my "drama-queen" abilities.
I guess, I'm getting old and experiencing delayed reactions, as you put it.
Phew! I'm afraid to think what will happen, when I do react.

Reply to DC
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/11/04

I think sometimes when crisis time sets in, some people have the ability to go into problem solving mode, and disassociate themselves from what is going on. It's the way we cope with these adversities. From what I have seen, people who do this often tend to have a delayed reaction to everything. When everyone falls apart during the events, these people do what needs to be done, and only start feeling the effects later on (when everyone else has long moved on). So they end up jumpy and sensitive because with everyone having moved past the events, they have no one to relate to.

Reply to Chelle