Question
Posted by: Mr R | 2003/12/15

Is there a relationship between Depression and Testosterone levels ? (male)

I was just wondering....

Dear Mr R,
Such a relationship has not been established. Testosterone has multiple functions, but neither high nor low levels seem relatd to the development of Depression. Of course, if some of the other effects of, say, low testosterone levels, happen to upset and depress one, there could be a sort of second-hand relationship.

1
Posted by: TrevoR | 2003/12/19

You added a comment recently to my posting on coming off Zoloft. I assume you were taking Zoloft for depression. Why this question? Do you have a theory? At one time I thought there was a connection between my depression and my hypertension (high blood pressure), but have not been able to find anything in the literature.

Reply to TrevoR