Question
Posted by: Goldie | 2005/07/15

Is there a really fresh start out there!!!!<br>

I have been married for 3 years and i have known my husband for almost 9 years. He is started abusing me physically when we were on our second year of dating, then i thought he would change, he never did. He is still abusing me physically and emotionally and now i cant take it anymore. We have a a year old kid and my husband really adores our little kid.

I tried to leave but something tells me that everything will be ok. I am paying 90% of the bills at home which means i wont have a financial burden should i leave him. but the thought of me leaving him and starting afresh scares me. and i also think about my vows and my kid.
I know i dont love him anymore......

Abusers very, very, rarely change, so don't wait for it. If he is still abusing you, plan to leave. Call POWA for advice and support so as to plan a way to do it safely, to look after yourself and the child, who is not benefitted by having an abusive dad around. You never took any vow to hang around and accept abuse from an abuser --- and an abuser like him, has already broken the spirit of all those vows. I don't see any reason for you to imagine that everything will EVER be Ok.

2
Posted by: Hein | 2005/07/15

No fresh starts, but experience bring more informed ones.
I agree with Cyber Shrink.

Reply to Hein
Posted by: silverie | 2005/07/15

dont be bloody stupid wake up and smell the faeces if he is hitting you then bliksem him back, if he uses a fist use a plank if he uses a plnk use a knife if he uses a knife....well then youre pretty much fukked....

Reply to silverie