Question
Posted by: Tricks | 2007/05/30

Is there a problem?

Recently I have been drinking with friends the stopping on the way home for more and getting so drunk Im on another planet and listening to my iPod. I try not to get this drunk in front of my friends as I am embarressed. But this also happens when I just listen to music, actually all the time, I feel like my imagination is still running wild like when I was a child, this is also causing me to lie, which I hate doing to people but it doesn't feel like Im doing anything wrong at the time. Do I need treatment? If so where do I start.

That you feel mbarassed shows that you know this is wrong and foolish, to get so drunk. Listening to music can help one to "space out" somewhat, but it's not clear from your message what exactly "also happens when you just listen to music", and especially I don't understand why it is |causing (you) to lie" --- do you mean that you feel unable to explain the state to others, so you make an excuse ? The first step would probably be to see a good local shrink for a proper assessment, on the basis of which he/she could tell you whether there is any speicific problem and whether treatment would be indicated for it.