Question
Posted by: bumblelion | 2005/11/30

Is there a connection between a high protein diet and aggression?

My 58 year old boyfriend has been on a largely protein diet composed of red meat and cheese for nearly a year. During that time, it seems to me that he has become progressively more aggressive, with episodes of rage and quick to feel attacked or slighted. Might there be a connection between his diet and this behavior?

I know of no good research establishing any such connection --- maybe Dietdoc has heard of some. What he's eating is a very unhealthy diet, and apart from possible early Alzheimers, major red meat eaters could develop high Blood Pressure and clogged arteries, including reduced blood circulation to the brain, and this could be associated with aggression, amongst other signs

2
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

Yes, you need carbo's
carbo's are food for the mind.....
otherwise you start speaking in tongues

You need all the foodgroups......Cant just live on one.....
they all have a function.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: penny's worth | 2005/11/30

If he is anything like me.. Any diet does that to me- is he succesfull? he must wach is cholesterol at that age. Red meat is apparently (so I've heard) full of toxins - he should try chicken and fish more - ed meat once a week.

Reply to penny's worth