Question
Posted by: guy | 2007/05/30

is the baby mine?

My girlfriend went for one of these sonar scan things and it says she is 10 weeks pregnant. But I slept with her 8 weeks ago. The difference is exactly 2 weeks. How acurate are these scans? Could the baby still be mine? And if its inaccurate by how much can it be off?

Yes the baby is yours. The dating is from the last period and she would have conceived two weeks after this.

4
Posted by: S | 2007/05/30

I've always been amazed by the difference calculated manual and what the sonar says. For me, sonar was ahead either a week, sometimes, a week behind and at times 2 weeks ahead.

The baby is yours my dear, happy father's day on 17 June. The implantation period matters as well, but the baby could be yours. All the best!

Reply to S
Posted by: N | 2007/05/30

yes, the child is yours. congrats.

Reply to N
Posted by: Lisa | 2007/05/30

I only went off contraceptives 6 weeks ago and was told that i'm 8 weeks pregnant. Also due to the way it's worked out from the first day of the last period. So yes, it's quite normal.

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: Dee | 2007/05/30

The doctors calculate a pregnancy in a bit of a strange way - they begin counting from the beginning of the cycle ie from the first day of your last menstral cycle. So in essence the baby is only 8 weeks old but they say you are 10 weeks ie counting in those first 2 weeks when you werent actually pregnant. I really hope that makes sense? So yes the baby is yours.

Reply to Dee