Question
Posted by: Mich | 2004/01/05

Is Testostorone diet healthy for women

I've read about a diet in a back issue of Mens Health Magazine called the Testosterone diet, and I would like to know whether this diet plan is safe for a woman's use? It is mentioned that you could lose approx. 1kg/wk and build more muscle faster because of the high protein content.
The said diet consists of 30% fat, 30% carbs and 40% protein, is this a safe way of losing weight?
Kindly shed some light on the above matter.

Dear Mich
If this diet is designed to boost testosterone levels (which it may with the high protein content), then it may not be suitable for women as increased male hormone levels can lead to complications such as hairiness, loss of menstrual function, etc. Rather try a low-fat, high-fibre slimming diet such as the one you can find if you click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' on this Website - if combined with regular exercise, you should also lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week and there is no danger of increasing male hormone levels.

1
Posted by: Mich | 2004/01/12

Dear Diet Doc

Thank you very much for helping me find a suitable diet plan.

Regards,

Mich

Reply to Mich