Question
Posted by: mia | 2007/08/20

Is termination possible at 24 weeks

am 24 weeks pregnant and only found out on Saturday.

I already have 3 kids and cannot afford to have another as I have

Just bought a house and now have a bond to pay.

I am so stressed – I have not told anybody – not even my partner.

I cannot cope emotionally with 3 kids so I definetly do not want another baby.

I have considered abortion as my 1st alternative however I was advised by the

Marie-stopes clinic that this cannot be done.

I was extra careful after my last pregnancy with no contraception

So I cannot understand how this happened. I have had no symptoms

Which is why I did not realize that I could be pregnant until a week ago

When I felt fluttering movements.

All 3 previous pregnancies were the same – I only found out after 20 weeks –

My last I found out when I was 27 weeks.

I am so depressed – I feel suicidal as I REALLY cannot afford another baby.

Please give me some advise on what to do.

It is too late for a termination. You could consider adoption. Try discussing the situation with a social worker or counsellor.

9
Posted by: kia | 2007/08/23

please do not terminate. It is such a wonderfull gift, and although you feel you will not be able to handle it, God will provide. I have just gone through a miscarage at 5 weeks. It was devastating for me and would have done anything just to have that baby survive. I think you should just be gratefull that you have been given a chance of having a healthy baby.

Reply to kia
Posted by: Christy | 2007/08/21

Mia,

I'm sorry about your predicament, but everything happends for a reason. You little miracle has a purpose in this world. You do have other options besides abortion, and i'm sure which ever you chose will be best for the baby.

I will keep you in prayer.

God bless

Reply to Christy
Posted by: child | 2007/08/21

this baby is a gift form god, he will provide no matter what! all you have to do is pray for guidaince, i knoe he will answer you prayers.

please i am asking you, if god did not want you to have another baby he would of never given this precious gift to you.

always remember you children are a gift from GOD.

all you have to do is pray and he will answer you.good luck!!!!!!!!

Reply to child
Posted by: Orginal Anon | 2007/08/21

To Anon
Mia does not need your condemnation right now, she is going through a difficult time and you should keep your opinions to yourself. She never asked for your opinion, she asked a question.
If you can't say antying nice, then don't say anything at all.

Regardless of how any of us may feel about abortion, we do not know Mia's circumstances and only GOD can stand in judgement of any of us.

Please think before posting such remarks in future, its not your place to make such judgement.

Reply to Orginal Anon
Posted by: anon | 2007/08/21

to consider an abortion NOW !!! you should go kill yourself instead of killing an innocent baby !

u are so disgusting to even think of killing a fully formed baby.
people like u will have a very slow death when your time is up.
How did u not know you were pregnant until 24 weeks, IF YOU ASK ME , THATS JUST NEGLIGENCE ON YOUR PART AND ALSO FOR BEING SUCH A DUMB BLONDE.

Reply to anon

Hi Mia
I understand that you must be feeling overwhelmed at the moment, but please could you rather consider adoption?
My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for the last 5 years. We've endured horrible, invasive treatments that have cost us hundres of thousands of rands. We'd love to adopt a baby, but there are so few available for adoption. There are thousands of couples out there who are in the same position as us.
Please consider adoption as an alternative and give your baby the chance at being adopted into a loving home where he/she will be loved and adored and cared for. Please give your baby a chance at a great life and fuffill an infertile couplles dream of a child.
Good luck.

Posted by: Dee | 2007/08/21

No it is not possible, only if you have a medical condition that will endanger your life or if the baby has serious defects.

Seriously consider adoption, there are lots of people willing to adopt.

I would suggest you get sterilised after the birth of this one, then you wont have any more suprises.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Mom | 2007/08/21

Some babies born at 24 weeks have been known to survive.

Would you take a knife and kill one of your other children?

Sorry if I am sounding harsh but sometimes the truth can be harsh.

If you really can not afford another child you should really consider adoption, so many people are desperately awaiting a child and you will then also give your child the gift of life.

Maybe you should consider sterilazation after this birth?

Reply to Mom
Posted by: cc | 2007/08/20

Please do not even consider abortion any longer. You will be killing your unborn child, this would be murder. You should have considered contraception and using condoms. I am not judging you, because I have no right, but why not consider adoption? There are many families out there who would help you pay for doctors and hospital etc and then take the baby from you. Please consider this.
Just wondering, didnt you notice your tummy swelling?

Reply to cc