Question
Posted by: confussed | 2003/03/04

IS SEX THE MAIN SOURCE OF THE RELATIONSHIP

The first time i fell in love my boyfriend he waited for me till i was ready for sex it took me year for me to trust and we have sex, but we broke after 3years, but know i had this new man after a year of my separation. we went out for olny two day and he wanted to have sex with me so i told him that we have to take some time to know each other before we have sex

at first wehad a figth and then he came and apologised and i forgave the fight wa because i did not want to have sex with him even thought he i told him iwas not ready yet.

so last week i was visiting on his flat after a while we kissed then i stoped it before it went to far then he got so angry he was a new person,he said that i don't love him if i did i would have it to prove that i love him. is love all

about sex or what i really want to know cause i love this guy but im not ready .to have sex with him yet.

Dear confussed,
Mabe you let yourself love too easily, as this guy doesn't sound in the least loving towards you. A lover doesn't pressurize you to have sex just because he feels like it ; a lover doesn't get angry when you say no, for whatever reason. You're absolutely right to view sex as more than an After-Dinner Mint that a guy should expect to receive at the end of a meal. Take your time, and if you're not ready and willing, he should know to stop. And don't visit is flat if he doesn't understand that. This guy doesn't sound worthy of your love --- it's fine for him to sweet-talk you when he wants to encourage you to provide sex for him --- but when you, very reasonably, refused, he showed his true nature. Leave him: there are better, real men out there.

6
Posted by: Surfer | 2003/03/05

I am a man whom loves sex. People who sleep together stick together. If you were my g/f I would have dropped you. Sex for me is very important and I will stay with the person I love and whom in return loves me in bed. Sorry girl - there's a saying all the rich men have been taken and the woman who took them treats them to a special desert.........................if the desert stops then its time to move on again. There are many fishes in the sea and I have so little time

Reply to Surfer
Posted by: Trevor | 2003/03/05

Confussed

Take your time and wait until your ready - its worth it. After I got divorced I played the field and had many relationships, all of them sexual. Then I met "The One" and she, being divorced, told me to wait until she was ready. It took 8 months. I loved her and she loved me. In that time, while we waited, we became best friends and our love for each other matured.

We have been married for 15 years now and we are both very happy. I firmly believe that the initial waiting period contributed heavily to the success of our relationship.

All the best!

Reply to Trevor
Posted by: confussed | 2003/03/04

thankz cybershrink and ice
i get ur advice so i will stand my gound when im not ready to do something like that cause to me sex is something preciuos we both have to love and respect each other and be totaly commited to each other. thankz

Reply to confussed
Posted by: confussed | 2003/03/04

i now im not a nun and he is not a monk but we have to really know eaxh other before we get tirdy it doesn't mean we won't we will but not that soon .

Reply to confussed
Posted by: Normal Norman | 2003/03/04

If your are not a Nun and he is not a Monk, when will you then, be "ready"?

Reply to Normal Norman
Posted by: ice | 2003/03/04

As soon as I read the old cliché: "You don't love you because you won't sleep with me to prove it" line I thought I just have to tell you that this man does not respect you!
There is no certain ‘time’ two people should sleep together when dating, it is totally up to both parties - if he cannot understand that, find someone who does.
Good Luck

Reply to ice