Question
Posted by: Annie | 2005/01/04

Is not having my period bad for me?

Hello,

I had the Merina put in about 2 years ago, with the hope that it will take away my periods. I must say it did work wonderfully, but didn't take my period away completely and that made me a very nurves person cause I never knew when I was going to start my period. I then decided to go on the pill and just take the white tablets. And I must say that works like a charm. Now my only worries are if it is dangerous to do so?

Thanx
Annie

As long as you have a period every three months, that's fine. You may find after a while that you get breakthrough bleeding though.