Question
Posted by: Vince | 2005/07/25

Is my mind stuffing me up?

Hey there,

I have this ongoing problem. It used to be just when I was driving, but it seems now to be happening more and more regularly. Basically, I will be driving and all of a sudden I will get this feeling rushing over my body that, well, is kinda like the feeling you get just as you go on a down hill on a roller coaster, that feeling like you are going to fly out of the roller coaster. At first I thought this was an issue with the moving fast in car, but it has now spread to when I walk aswell, or basically any time that I actually think about it.

Doc, what can I do to stop this from happening? Is it really all in my head or is there some physical explanation for it?

Please help me out.... someone... anyone...

Thank you,

Vince.

I'm sure this can be handled, but first you need to see a good local psychiatrist for an assessment, so we can be sure just what this is, as it could be one of several psychiatric or neurological problems. it could be a variety of panic disorder or anxiety disorder, or even one of the milder forms of epilepsy. Or, as Skiboo says, possibly a variety of vertigo. The checkup should be soon, as any cause would be easier to clear up if identified early on. And if such things are happening while you're driving, it could distract you, at some significant risk

3
Posted by: Skiboo | 2005/07/25

First, ignore Liz.

Secondly, could be Vertigo. I get that feeling and have been diagnosed with good, old-fashioned vertigo, which isn't life threatening. Just a bit disconcerting - and yes, I know vertigo is supposed to affect your balance and the earth starts moving, but with me its more like a sensation over my whole body. Go for a hearing test and see.

Reply to Skiboo
Posted by: liz | 2005/07/25

which drugs are you on? extacy

Reply to liz
Posted by: aa | 2005/07/25

Sound like panic attack?

Reply to aa