Question
Posted by: CutMan | 2007/04/10

Is my Heart healthy?

I was cycling a moderate to fast pace, and after about 20 minutes as soon as I came over a hill a took a sip of water.
Just then I started feeling light headed and stoped my bike and I felt my heart beating very slowly.
After 5 or so minutes, feeling a bit nausies I got back on the bike and cycled slowly home.
I am young and generally very healthy so this having happend worries me.
It is the first time this has happened and i would appreciate any comment and advice!!

Hi CutMan

There's a good chance this is nothing to worry about, but then even a small chance that it is deserves attention. And so it's possible that there is something up and you should have it checked out. The sensation that your heart was beating very slowly could probably be attributed to a number of things, related to your sudden sensation of nausea and light headedness. But the only way to know what might be going on is to have it checked out. If it happens again, then for sure you need to see to it, but if you have access to someone who might be able to help, and do what is called a stress ECG on you, then don't put it off - better safe than sorry!