Question
Posted by: caty | 2005/07/19

Is my eating harming my baby?

I am 11w5days and suffering terribly from morning sickness - I vomit daily. as a result I battle to eat anything that is going to set me off, I am therefore eating a lot of "junk" chips, marie biscuits etc and not eating proper meals and I cant even take my vitamins as I throw them up straight away. I am really worried about the harm I am doing to my baby!!!

You will not harm the baby. Try to take the folate. The other vitamins you can start later. When the morning sickness settles, you can eat more healthily.

5
Posted by: Thabs | 2005/07/19

I also didn't have that much of morning sickness but I know that taking my vitamins at night was the best decision ever. Don't eat junk, rather have toast,milk and fruits. I actually relied on dry foods or veggies and fruits.

I now over indulge from time to time but am keeping it safe. It might not have a bad effect on the baby but will have a bad effect on your weight. A big baby might also pose some problems. check what works for u though.

Reply to Thabs
Posted by: Ashy | 2005/07/19

I know that if I take vitamins on an empty tummy I do throw up...I am 33 wks preggies I suffered allot with nausea but never did throw up. I was told to just eat small meals and fruits and try to stay healthy; even if we do eat junk in-between at least the baby is getting some sort of nutrients. A friend of mine was put on drips because she couldn’t eat and the baby was getting nothing. So I suppose if the doc does think that you are harming the baby he would do something about it.

Don’t stress to much...in the first three months you don’t put on much wait neither do most moms have an appetite.

Reply to Ashy
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/19

I am also lucky enough to not suffer from morning sickness, but my friend who is now 11 weeks pregnant had terrbile morning sickness, and what worked for her was taking her vitamins at night instead of in the morning or afternoon. maybe give that a try?

Reply to Moi
Posted by: SS | 2005/07/19

Hi Caty

i am so put off veggies now, i am 20 weeks preg and have not been able to eat any veggies since i was 5 weeks, i also eat a lot of chips and toasted sandwiches, my doc says that all is fine with my baby cos i was also worried, perhaps check with him , i am also on pregnavit and i had no mornign sickness, good luck
SS

Reply to SS
Posted by: Kippie | 2005/07/19

I think you should discuss this with your doc. Maybe he can prescribe a different vitamin which does not make you nauseas.
I was on Pregnavit M and I think it is wonderful.
Fortunately I never suffered from nausea so I really can't speak or give advice, but I would think you should change your vitamins so at least you keep them in.
Although I did not suffer from nausea, the only thing that I could face was toast with bovril for a very long time. Thereafter it was avo's again...

Reply to Kippie