Question
Posted by: Connie | 2010/11/30

Is my BMI correct?

Hi Doc, I am 25 and i weigh 55kg''s and i am 1.72 m tall. i dunno how to calculate my mbi, is this correct for me?

Dear Connie
Your present BMI = 18,6 which is in the underweight range. The ideal BMI for an adult woman is about 22, for which you would need to weigh 65 kg. If you intend gaining weight, click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles I have written on this subject.

3
Posted by: Woman runner | 2010/11/30

I forgot to mention that less than 18.5, is considered to be UNDER Weight

Reply to Woman runner
Posted by: woman runner | 2010/11/30

Your Body Mass Index (BMI)

The Height you entered is 172 centimeters.
The Weight you entered is 55 kilograms.

Your Calculated BMI is: 18.6
Thus, you have a NORMAL Weight

NOTES:

BMI is measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both adult men and women.

BMI Categories:

Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Reply to woman runner

Dear Connie