Question
Posted by: worried mom | 2005/06/29

is my baby depleting me of vitamins when breastfeeding

My baby is 11 months and I have breastfed her since birth. Lately I have been experiencing very bad muscular pain in my
back. My legs, hands and arms, specifically the joints have been acheing as well. My doc has prescribed fillabon for me but this does not seem to help. Am I suffering from a calcium and magnesium loss due to breastfeeding which is causing the pain or could it be something else? I am not too fond of dairy products and only took them during pregnancy. Due to the nature of my work I also do not always eat a proper lunch. Could all of these be triggering these aches and pains? I am thinking of taking baby off the breast (although I really want to continue) if that is the cause. Please advise

Worried mom, it might be due to an electrolyte imbalance, that’s why your doctor gave you Filibon® - it contains both calcium and magnesium. So if it doesn’t make a difference within one week, the best would be to go back to your doctor and ask him to start looking for a cause (blood samples, venous Doppler, etc.). Good luck.