Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2002/12/24

Is MacDonalds unhealthy?

Dear doc
I just want to know, is a MacDonald burger (like a junior cheeseburger) very unhealthy?? I try to eat healthy, but somedays when I crave some "unhealthy" food, I will buy a cheeseburger. Is it really bad for my health and weight?

Dear Charlie
Basically eating a grilled meat patty with a bun and some cheese is not too unhealthy and there is no reason why you can't treat yourself to such a meal every now and then. However, if you start eating 'fast food' very regularly then you will push up your energy and total plus saturated fat intakes, so be moderate when you eat such foods.
Take care