Question
Posted by: Leonie | 2004/11/19

IS LUCID DREAMING DANGEROUS

I only have lucid dreams, r these dreams or its just my imagination
lucid = dreaming and knowing its only a dream, doing funny things cos u know u r only dreaming.

I know of not the slightest scrap of evidence to suggest that lucid dreaming might ever be harmful at all. As Moose says, many people wake on realizing that they're dreaming, bu some of us can master the skill of remaining in the dream and influencing it's content in a way we find interesting or pleasing. And waking shouldn't be a problem --- just build into the dream picture a large light-switch, and when you're ready to wake, knowing that this will wake you, walk up to it and switch the dream off.

7
Posted by: leonie | 2004/11/19

Ill definately ask them who they are and what they want cos its really irritating me.

Moose your ideas r so good, where do u learn so much about dreams.

Reply to leonie
Posted by: Moose | 2004/11/19

No it is not dangerous

If you want to wake up, the easiest thing to do is kill yourself. It sounds weird, but it works. Sometimes blinking really fast or keeping your eyes closed can work too. or why not try to change it instead?
think of there being a mirror behind you and turn around, walk through it and you might end up somewhere else, or use a TV and jump into the scene, or fly away. tell the people to leave you be, ask them to give you something nice for disturbing you or ask what they want and who they are, there's lots of things you can learn there, so take the time you're given and don't waste it.

Reply to Moose
Posted by: Leonie | 2004/11/19

moose u r describing exactly what i do , is it wrong "Other dreamers have cultivated the skill to remain in the lucid state of dreaming. They become an active participant in their dream, make decisions in their dreams and influence the dream's outcome without awakening"
this really scares me, but when i dangerous i cannot wake up either.

Reply to Leonie
Posted by: Paul | 2004/11/19

Ok Moose, then I was wrong - sorry dude and thanks for the insight.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Moose | 2004/11/19

Lucid Dream

Lucid dreams occurs when you realize you are dreaming in the middle of your dream. "Wait a second. This is only a dream!" Most dreamers wake themselves up once they realize that they are only dreaming. Other dreamers have cultivated the skill to remain in the lucid state of dreaming. They become an active participant in their dream, make decisions in their dreams and influence the dream's outcome without awakening

Reply to Moose
Posted by: Liza | 2004/11/19

You don't happen to have been put on Lamictin lately? Cause I've been on Lamictin for quite a while now and I still have very lucid and vivid dreams. Personally I don't think its dangerous, as long as you know the difference between the dreams and reality.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Paul | 2004/11/19

Nope Lucid dreaming is a dream where everything is so realistic it feels like you are not dreaming. You can feel the raindrops falling on your head, temperature, emotions etc.

Reply to Paul