Question
Posted by: Chan | 2005/07/04

Is it true...

Is it true that taking a hot bath or drinking hot bevarages might cause miscarriages? What can cause it?

Hot beverages certainly will not cause harm. Having hot baths can push your temperature up and the fetus cannot compensate for this, so it is not a good idea.

2
Posted by: zet | 2005/07/04

Dear Chan
I have asked this electric blanket question to Gynae Doc and to my gynae, it is impossible for an electric blanket to cause a miscarriage... what causes a miscarriage is when your body reaches a to high temperature, whether you lie in the bath or on a electric blanket and you overheat it could cause damage to baby or and a miscarriage. I have two boys and with both used a electric blanket in winter, I put it on high until my bed is warm and then I switch it of once I'm in bed... Do you really think they would be manufacturing a electric blanket if it would do harm?, it wont pass the safety guarantee.... it's the overheating not the blancket......Kind regards zet

Reply to zet
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/04

It is true that a hot bath can cause miscarriage, as well as electric blankets. Bath should me warm, not piping hot. I dont think the same applies to hot beverages though.

Regards,

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS